Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SOMETHING STUPID

Frank Sinatra & Nancy

F F6 Fmaj7 F6
I know I stand in line until you think have the time.
Gm7 C9 Gm7 C9
To spend an evenin’ with me.
Gm7 C7 Gm7
And if we go some place to dance, I know that there’s.
C7 Fmaj7 F6 Fmaj7 F6
A chance you won’t be leavin’ with me.
F7 Cm7 F7
Then afterwards we drop in to a quiet little place.
Bb Gm7 C7
And have a drink or two. And then I go and spoil it all
Gm7 C7 F
by sayin’ somethin’ stupid, like “ I love you “.
F7 Cm7 F7
I can see it in your eyes that you despise.
Bb
The same old lines you heard the night before.
G7 Dm7
And thought it’s just a line to you.
G7 C7
For me it’s true and never seemed so right before.

I can practise ev’ryday to find some clever lines to say.
To make the meaning come through.
But then I think I’ll wait until the evenin’ gets late.
And I’m alone with you.
The time is right, your perfume fills my head,
The stars get red, and oh, the night is so blue.
And then I go and spoil it all by sayin’ somethin’ stupid,
like “ I love you so ”.

No comments:

Post a Comment