Sunday, August 22, 2010

DETROIT CITY

DETROIT CITY
Tom Jones

Last night I went to sleep, in Detroit city..
And I dreamed about cotton fields and home.
I dreamed about my mother, dear old papa.
Sister and brother and I dreamed about the girl.
Who’s been waiting for so long,
I wanna go home.
I wanna go home, oh how I wanna go home.
Home folks think I’m big in Detroit city.
From the letters that I write they think I’m fine.
But by day I makethe cars, by night I make bars.
I wanna go home, I wanna go home.
Oh, how I wanna go home.

Spoken :
‘Cause you know I rode a freight train.
North to Dteroit city.
And after all these years I find.
I’ve just been wasting my time.
And put it on the south-bound freight and ride.
And go on back to the loved ones.
The one that I left waitng so far behind.
I wanna go home, I wanna go home.
Oh, how I wanna go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment